Monday 17 March 2014

Skype Reflection

1) For our skype reflection my group which consisted of Taryn, Jasmine and Ariane we were the introduction group and we presented what a six word memoir (story) actually is. With out audience we tried to talk in enthusiastic tones and made sure everyone in the group had a little bit to say. We used big papers with the numbers 1-6 written on them to show how many words are in six word memoirs.

2) I feel that our mini lesson went really, really well. I think we talked in good tones, and were very clear with what we were saying. We put glitter on the numbers we held up so that the kids would be more interested. I think we did a good job of using words that the kids would understand and all had an equal amount of talking to do. I think that we could have had another visual for out presentation just to make it even more exciting for the kids.

3) I learnt that you need to take it slow with teaching and need to be able to answer questions that they have for you. You need to explain very well the point that you are trying to get across and need to speak clearly. I think you need to have something fun about what you are trying to teach as well so that the mini lesson sticks out in their mind and they don'y just forget it the moment the skype call was over.

4) For our next skype call I think we should be able to let the kids show us their finish products of their six word memoirs. I'd like to see the difference between ours and theirs. I also think the kids would like showing us their six word stories because it is something to be proud of. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    This is Ms. Bettess. You did an amazing job teaching my students. I bet they would love to share their stories with you. Thank you for interacting with my students.

    Ms. Bettess

    ReplyDelete